If you’re a regular shooter and go regular hunting or you need gun firing every day then you need to reload a lot of ammo for every day. If you’re looking for a technology to do it yourself at your home there are many best progressive reloading press to save your money and time.
Before going to purchase a progressive reloading press there are some key features you should know. There are different reloading machine for different ammunition. It depends on your goal and what production rate you require that which type of reloading press meets you want. You can go through this writing to find the best option for your hobby.
Table of Content
- Why Should You Use Progressive Press
- Top Three Best Progressive Reloading Press in 2020
- Things to consider before purchasing a progressive press
- Safety Tips When You Use a Progressive Press
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Should You Use Progressive Press
If you’re a regular shooter and practice gun firing regularly you requires lots of ammo for your hobby which requires lots of money as well. So if you want to make huge amount of ammunition at your own home, then progressive press is the technology what makes your task easy.
So, if you’re to decide to start reloading your ammunition at your home and want high production rate, then you have to consider a progressive press for easy reloading. Though a progressive press costs more than single stage press, but it’ll let you faster reloading.
Top Three Best Progressive Reloading Press in 2020
You, too, will agree that this is one of the best auto progressive reloading press on the market. Many upgraded features made it top-listed. This is a heavy-duty reloading press that provides efficient reloading and maintains proper eject adjustment of dies.
- EZ Ject System: The EZ Ject System accelerate the production without any special adjustment. You will find the press comfortable. It is capable of producing around 600 rounds per hour. It is one of the easiest processes of reloading.
- Faster Loading: The auto-indexing stations allow you faster reloading. There are five auto indexing stations to do it with ultimate ease. It takes only five minutes to change all calibers from 0.45 to 0.223 and you can change the dies faster.
- Case-Activated Powder Drop: The Hornady progressive press features a Case-Activated Powder Drop which allows the gun powder to be dropped into the cartridge in the right amount. You should assure the right position of the cartridge during the reloading process.
- Easy to Setup: This quicker progressive reloading press features easy-to-setup so that you can easily use it at home for quicker reloading.
This reloading progressive press comes with a high price. You’ve to consider the separate purchasing of the shell plates and dies which let you spend some extra money. This well-featured auto-progressive reloading press can be recommended for faster reloading.
It provides 400 rounds per hour and features five progressive stations.
- Automatic Reloading Press: The Lee Precision Load Master has many features that you can find in many expensive Reloading Press. It features Automatic Indexing System to ensure the quality and consistency of the ammo.
- Quality Construction: The Progressive Reloading Press is made of quality materials like cast Aluminum. You can adjust the speed to give attention to the operations or you can speed it up switching it to automatic. It can index automatically and manually.
- 5-Stations Progressive Press: Lee Precision Load Master 45 features 5 stations for 5 simultaneous functions which accept most popular reloading dies. It also features more sensitive jamming and easy to clean.
- Maximum Reloading With Quick and Ease: You can reload both rifle and handgun cartridges. It produces around 400 rounds per hour. You can reload maximum ammo easily and faster with this five progressive stations.
This progressive press features an unreliable poor primer system which works normally. And the machine measures the dispensed powder, is not accurate. You have to recheck the measurement to ensure the powder weighs correctly.
You can get it at a lower price, it doesn’t mean it has lower features. You can experience all the features you’re looking for in a Progressive Reloading Press.
The Dillon Precision could be a great choice if you have enough budget for your Reloading Machine. It provides maximum rounds of 800 per hour. This progressive press features quality construction and meets all the values for the price you need.
- 5-Stations auto indexing progressive press: Dillon XL 650 features 5 different stations for five different steps which provide you ease to operate it. The automatic indexing system speeds up the operation rate. This 5-station loader includes 0.223 conversion kit.
- Rounds per Hour: If you have to reload a large a good number of Ammo without any difficulties Dillon Precision 16926 can be the best option. The Dillon XL650 is an auto indexing press that can easily load 500-800 rounds per hour.
- Faster Reloading Press: This automatic indexing system allows maximum rounds of 800 per hour featuring the automatic caseload for faster reloading.
- Easy-to-Assemble: It is an easy-to-assemble reloading press and designed for beginner’s maximum comfort to operate it. Even a beginner can complete 500 rounds per hour for the first time. This 5-Station auto indexing progressive press allows you to use 4 die sets and powder check die.
The machine comes without bullet feeder and case feeder which could improve the production rate of the machine. Though the Dillon XL 650 is a little bit expensive, it will provide efficient reloading capability.
Things to consider before purchasing a progressive press
Before purchasing a progressive reloading press you must have to pay attention to some considerations. A progressive reloading press allows you to reload the ammunition. There are some things you need to know in detail if you’re going to make the decision to buy this tool.
- Number of Rounds: There are different types of reloading press of different production rate. So, you need to know how many ammo you want to reload on a daily basis before you buy a reloading press.
- Press Capability: What type of reloading press you have to buy, it depends on what type of gun you sue. Take your time to check the press capability and find that it suits your goal of reloading. It is also important to consider the volume and accuracy of the Press.
- Priming Solution: You must have to pay attention to Priming Solution while purchasing a reloading press.
- Reloading Speed: If you’re a regular shooter and require thousands of rounds each month you must go for a progressive press.
Safety Tips When You Use a Progressive Press
During your reloading process, you should follow some safety tips. Reloading ammo includes dangerous materials like gun-powder and primers. If you follow the safety rules you can handle the machine efficiently you can minimize the danger.
- Wear Eye Protection: To avoid, in case, primer explosion you should wear eye protection. Wear a good set of safety glasses during the reloading process.
- Keep away Smoking and other Open Flames: You shouldn’t smoke near the reloading area and should keep away any open flames. And store the gun powder away from heat, open flame, electricity, and keep it out of the reach of children.
- Powder Check System: Check the powder level in the cases. Ensure that single powder charge. If it is charged double it may cause gun damage or any other injuries.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Progressive Press?
Progressive Press is for experienced shooters who require thousands of rounds in a month. Progressive Presses are much different from single stage presses. They perform many tasks with each handle pull. There are two in progressive presses. The manual indexing process– requires the user to rotate the shell, and the auto index– will rotate the shell plate on its own with each pull of the handle.
Should a beginner use a progressive press?
Working with a single stage press is much easier than using a progressive press. One can learn the different steps of a reloading process using single stage press. A progressive press does multiple steps at once. A beginner can find it difficult to get the steps. There are more additional parts and maintenance that has to be done for additional production.
Beginners can learn from a reloading manual to know how to use a progressive press. But it’s difficult for safety issue and they’ve to recheck the steps. The most difficulties beginners face using a progressive press is the speed of operation. As a beginner if you need to reload and shooting a lot of ammo then you will improve using a single stage press.
What’s the best progressive press?
There are different progressive presses featuring different operations, but you may find ease with the Dillon XL650. Dillon offers user friendly features for handy use. We also recommend for a reloading press is the Hornady Lock N Load AP.
To choose the best progressive reloading press you should keep attention on the production rate, work efficiency and other basic features of the machine. A best progressive reloading review can lead you making your best ammunition that meet the value and standards. Going through the review of the progressive reloading press you can come to know about what you want for your hobby.