The Hornady Lock N Load auto progressive press is a great addition to any ammo maker’s collection. It comes with essential accessories that could be purchased separately for other reloading presses.
This Hornady also has multi-functional features for almost anything in the reloading process of making bullets and can produce over 500 rounds per hour! With this at your disposal, thousands upon thousands of ammunition are possible in just one day.
We will be looking at the Hornady Lock N Load Auto–Progressive Reloading Press’s best features and helping you choose which one to buy if you still have questions.
- Hornady Lock N Load Ap Review
- What comes with the Hornady Lock N Load AP press?
- Hornady Lock N Load Auto-Progressive Reloading Press: PROS and CONS
- Customer reviews
- Why Should You Buy Hornady Lock N Load new press?
- Is Hornady reloading kit good?
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Hornady Lock N Load Ap Review
Features of Hornady Lock N Load Auto-Progressive Reloading Press
- Lock-N-Load Auto Progressive Reloading Press – Reload up to 500 rounds per hour with this professional grade, auto indexing, 5 station progressive press that features the patented Lock-N-Load bushing system. This must-have Hornady reloading equipment is intuitive and well equipped for all your reloading needs
- Fast Reloading – Lock-N-Load technology allows you to stop loading, change dies and start loading another caliber in a matter of seconds thanks to the 5 station bushing system. Switch from 223 to 45 in less than 5 minutes
- Quick and Reliable – The Lock-N-Load powder measure uses quick change metering inserts that allow you to switch from one powder to another with a push of a button. The EZ-JECT system ensures a reliable ejection of cartridges, every time without adjustments
- Smooth and Precise – With a single pull of the handle, you’ll feel the smooth responsiveness, the rugged construction, and most of all, the power! And since the AP features automatic indexing, priming and ejection, every pull of the handle give you a precisely loaded round
- What's Included – Item 095100. Includes 5 Lock-N-Load Die Bushings, 1 large cartridge bin, primer pickup tubes, metering inserts and rotors, Lock-N-Load Powder Measure, and case activated powder drop. All you need are dies and shell plates to start loading with your AP
Last update on 2022-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Hornady LNL AP is one of the best reloading presses that allows you to do everything in one pull, so it comes with a lot of features and abilities.
You only need topull once to move the whole shell plateand have 5 cartridges pushed upward to their respective position.
Comes with 5 dies slot that allows you to do 5 different things within a single pull. You can choose to use all 5 or leave some of them free.
Easy and fast bushing system on the Hornady Lock N Load toolremoves the need to turn and adjust every single time you need to install your bushing.
Universal case retainerremoves the need to change your shell plate with a suitable one every time. This is also the reason that the EZ Ject System is amazing as the case retainer makes it easy to lock it in place or push it out once the bullets are ready.
List out the things you can do with a single pull: entry of an empty cartridge, priming, bullet seating and ejection of a finished cartridge.
What comes with the Hornady Lock N Load AP press?
We have chosen the most useful option about Hornady Lock N Load auto progressive reloading press from many informational videos:
Hornady Lock N Load Auto-Progressive Reloading Press: PROS and CONS
Things We Liked about Lock n load auto progressive press:
However, such a great piece of equipment doesn’t come without a single flaw on it. As this is a very big investment to make, here are some things you need to pay attention before purchasing progressive reloading presses.
Drawbacks To Note about Load Auto Progressive reloading tool:
At the time of writing, there are 315 customers that have left honest reviews about the Hornady Lock N Load Auto Progressive Reloading Press. It received a total rating of 4.7 stars from 5 perfect customers.
We can expect some people to make niggling comments like ” The item I bought did not include a shell plate”, but that doesn’t necessarily mean the product isn’t worth having.
The majority of people who purchased the Hornady AP were satisfied with their purchase. The Hornady AP is highly recommended for all reloaders!
Why Should You Buy Hornady Lock N Load new press?
It is also precise in terms of the ejection/entry system. The older model of reloading press is smooth, saving your time from having to adjust anything at all during the process.
You can be doing thousands of bullets 3 to 4 times faster than you would have usually. The bushings make it easy to replace the dies with the same settings. They lock those dies securely in place, saving so much time and hassle from having to twist and turn every time you change caliber.
Is Hornady reloading kit good?
Hornady rarely disappoints its users with their products. From our Hornady Lock N Load review, we can see they have done excellent with their auto-progressive reloading press.
A single pull of the lever gets the whole item moves smoothly and each of them is precise and accurate. You can easily get a learning curve and finish thousands of rounds with this thing on, just remember to install them correctly while following the guideline like a bible. learning curve.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Does the Hornady Lock N Load auto progressive reloading press work with Lee’s dies?
Yes, it does. All you have to do is take the die off the bushing and replace with any of Lee’s dies and you’re all set.
Does it come with everything shown in the picture?
It comes with a case activated powder drop, cartridge catcher and extra lock-n-load bushings. You will have to purchase your own dies and shell plates according to the caliber you are reloading. The reloading press works with Magnum rifle and pistol ammo.
How does the metering insert work?
The metering insert works as a reference for you to figure out the scale of the powder you are using. While some people might think about making notes on where the right position to lock it to get the right amount of powder dropped, the official Hornady support team has confirmed that this is not necessary.
Where are Hornady Lock N Load ap presses made?
Hornady Manufacturing Company, a Nebraska-based company that manufactures ammunition and handloading components for hunters, soldiers, law enforcement officers and competitive shooters.
How does the case feeder of Hornady LNL press work?
he primer feeder or case feeder is case activated which means the bullet will only be fed upon contact with a cartridge. The collets are made of solid steel and durable enough to last for years after being reloaded several times over.