This is the showdown between the RCBS Rebel vs Rock Chucker Supreme. Find out what’s changed and improved since the legend Rock Chucker Supreme. Today, we’re here to help the RCBS Single Stage Press ‘Veteran Rock Chucker Supreme’ compete with the RCBS Rebel Single-Stage Press ‘Young. Find out who made it to the top.
RCBS Rebel Reloading Kit
- Durable construction: The RCBS Rebel Single Stage Press is built to last with a rugged, cast iron frame and high-quality materials. It can handle a wide range of reloading tasks, from small to large cartridges
- Reliable operation: The press features a large ram and compound leverage system for smooth and consistent operation, making it easy to use and reducing the likelihood of malfunctions or misfires
- Precise reloading: The RCBS Rebel Single Stage Press is designed for precision reloading, with a machined solid steel ram and a flat-bottomed base for stability. This ensures consistent and accurate results every time
- Versatile compatibility: The press is compatible with a wide range of dies and accessories, making it a versatile tool for all types of reloading tasks
- Trusted brand: RCBS is a trusted and respected brand in the reloading industry, known for producing high-quality and reliable reloading tools.
Last update on 2023-06-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The new RCBS Rebel press comes in two different Kit. The Rebel Master Reloading Kit is also available. Rebel Plus Reloading Kits include more expensive items but still contain essential items.
The items shown below are included in both the RCBS Rebel Master Kit and RCBS Rebel Plus Kit:
RCBS Rebel Press Review in Summary
The RCBS Rebel is the next evolution in single-stage press technology. Machined from tough-as-nails cast iron this press will not let you down.
What is the RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Reloading kit?
- Made of the highest quality materials
- Hunting reloading presses
- Another quality Bushnell product
- Rock Chucker press frame provides a full four inches of ram-bearing surface to rigidly support the one inch diameter main ram
- Handle is made of solid steel and features a comfortable ball-type handle grip
Last update on 2023-06-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Reloading Press Kit contains many other essential items that will allow you to start reloading.
Now you are ready to reload the gun using all of the equipment available. To reload your gun with the available equipment, you will need calipers to measure the length of the case and a tickler to measure the powder.
A trimmer and an ad-hoc tumbler are also essential tools for precision reloading. You can also add accessories to mount the reloading presses on a base plate.
RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Review in summary
The RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Reloading Kit is extremely durable and can compete with other presses of the same class. While the kit contains many necessary items, it also lacks some essential equipment.
RCBS Rebel Press vs Rock Chucker Supreme side-by-side Features Comparison
|RCBS Rebel Press||RCBS Rock Chucker|
|Stability||More stable||Standard stability|
|Base plate||Wide base & Leveled||Multileveled and narrow|
|Weight||22 lbs||18 lbs|
|Lubrication system||Zerk fitting||Standard system|
|Case Opening||4.5 inch||4.1 inch|
|Spent primers catching efficiency||Can be collected directly in the bin (100% efficiency)||Spent primer catcher tray, efficiency decreases as it gets filled|
|Spent primers channeling system||Through the ram, exits at the bottom||Through the ram, exits at the middle of the ram|
|On press primer||No||Yes|
|Upgradation||No||Can be upgraded with piggyback 4 to make a manual progressive press|
These were the main differences among the RCBS presses. One advantage the Rebel has over rockchucker is the wide, flat base that surrounds the shell holder. This allows for easy case operation. There are some similarities between the presses. These include:
The RCBS has prepared some starting kits for the new rebel press. They are very comprehensive in providing a beginner reloader with all the tools necessary to start reloading.
The Uniflow III powder measure, which is the most accurate and current Powder Measure by RCBS, is just a few of the notable items in the kits. Deburr tools and the Handloading Manual Speer 15 are some of the other essential items.
There are a few commonalities between the kits: they do not include any type of bullet puller, case trimmer (eventually any kind of reloader will make a mistake and will require a bullet puller), or case cleaning tumbler.
RCBS Rebel vs Rock Chucker Supreme in summary
The Rebel Press now includes many of the features found in the RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme. Some features, such as the on-press priming and how the spent primer exits from the press, have been removed or modified. The Rebel is an incredible upgrade that precision reloaders will love and should have in their arsenal.
Do I still need the Rebel Press if I already have the rock chucker?
The purchase of the Rebel press will not make a significant difference to your current RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme in terms of precision reloading and reload quantity. The standard deviation between the rounds will decrease giving more accurate shots.
Is Rebel Press better than Rock Chucker?
Yes. It is stabler, has a lower standard deviation from the bullseye, and is an excellent upgrade to Rock chucker.