When looking for a new reloading kit, the most important thing to do is to find one that meets your needs. The Hornady Classic Kit is a great choice for many reloaders. It will provide everything you need. This review will help you find out.
Hornady Lock n Load Classic Reloading Kit
Okay, let’s get to the Hornady Classic Kit review!
- Hornady Lock-N-Load Classic Kit – Ammunition Reloading Press Kit, Includes Classic Press, Powder Measure, Digital Scale and More – Everything Needed For Fast and Reliable Reloading – Item 085003
- A Must Have Kit – If you are a new reloader you will love the ease of use the Lock-N-Load Classic provides and all of the accessories that are packaged with the kit so you can start turning out accurate, consistent ammunition. If you are a seasoned reloader you will love the fact that this press kit is built to last a lifetime and is backed with Hornady's Lifetime Warranty
- Hornady Lock-N-Load Classic Reloading Press – The Classic Press is packed full of features, including an angled frame, easy grip handle, positive priming system, primer catcher, and Lock-N-Load Bushings for quick die changing
- Additional Items – The additional items that make up this complete reloading kit are vital for accurate, high-quality handloads. Benefit from the digital scale, tools and devices to get the best from your reload efforts
- Kit Includes – Lock-N-Load Classic Single Stage Press, Lock-N-Load Powder Measure (with rifle rotor), Digital Scale, Handbook of Cartridge Reloading, 3 Lock-N-Load Bushings, Primer Catcher, Positive Priming System, Handheld Priming Tool, Universal Reloading Block, Chamfering and Deburring Tool, Powder Funnel and Trickler, 5.5 oz One Shot Case Lube
Last update on 2023-06-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Hornady is well-known for producing quality presses, and it has become one of the most trusted brands in the industry. Hornady’s 85003 Lock N Load Classic Press Kit meets all of the high standards they have set. The kit contains almost everything you need to get started reloading.
Composition of the kit
Recommendation: If you order this kit order a separate scale, powder measure stand, and case trimmer. This will help improve your reloading and make your shooting more accurate.
Lock-N Load Technology
Reloaders often have multiple calibers that they need to load. This means that many reloaders must have multiple die sets. You will need to change your dies if you use a single reloading press, such as the Hornady 8501 Lock N Load Reloading.
Hornady’s solution to this problem is the Lock-N-Load Technology. It allows users to quickly replace dies from the press. Simply place the die in its proper spot and lock it. This feature will ensure consistent reloading regardless of caliber.
Priming & Depriming Process
Priming and depriming are often the first steps in the reloading process. As you are preparing your depriming and sizing die, place your brass on your shell holder. You can place the included primer arm in the middle. This will allow you to prime your cases while pushing the handle forward. You must ensure that the primer tray is attached to the body of your press and does not get lost.
It’s a Reloading Press Kit
You will be able to start reloading immediately with the Hornady 8501 Lock N Load Classic Reloading Kit because there are so many items in this box. This kit includes the press as well as many other items, such as the Lock-N-Load powder measurement, which will help you verify that your charges are correct.
Hornady also includes their 9th Edition handbook (If necessary you can call Hornady Customer Service) on cartridge reloading. This provides a wealth of information about reloading, including the amount of powder required for each caliber. Other accessories included in the kit are the chamfering and deburring tool, an electronic scale, case lube, and three Lock-N-Load Die Bushings.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Is the reloading press made of cast aluminum or cast iron?
Cast iron is used to make this particular reloading machine.
What are the sizes of the dies included?
This press does not include dies. You will need to purchase dies for each caliber you want to reload.
Will other brands of die sets and shell holders work on this press such as RCBS?
Yes, they can. You can use standard dies of different brands on this press.
The Hornady Classic 85003 Reloading Press Kit makes a great starter kit for novice users. It includes almost everything you need. You’ll be good to go with the accessories. The only thing you will need is your die sets, depending on what calibers you use. Although the current price is slightly higher than other single-state reloading presses (and other press reloaders don’t have nearly as many accessories), it’s still a good deal.