As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.. Learn more
How nice would it be to recline and put your feet up after a long day of work and gaming? Nice. Indeed, that’s what we want to help you experience by reviewing the best gaming chair under 200. These gaming chairs don’t serve coffee (unfortunately), but they will certainly help you stay comfortable even when you have to spend hours on your desk.
We begin with a review of the top 7 products with their features, specifications, and cons you need to watch. And then we give tips on what kind of gaming chair you should choose and what features you might not actually need. Finally, we won’t finish without giving you quick tips to maintain a healthy lifestyle aside from getting a quality gaming chair.
Best Gaming Chair Under 200 for 2020
Our review on racing gaming chairs is strictly for PC gamers and those who work on desktops. If you are looking for floor gaming chairs, head to other sections to find the products you need!
It has an adjustable seat that ranges from 19.7 inches to 22.8 inches high. With that, the chair naturally has reclining lock system as well which ranges from 90 degrees to as far down as 175 degrees when you just need to take a quick nap on your chair. It is equipped with adjustable lumbar support that can be used not just for your lower back but also middle or even upper back.
The soft flat cushion on the seat gives that extra comfort which meets with comfortable memory foam cushion. The tall backrest which is 31.9 inches also helps accommodate all types of users since the lumbar support is adjustable. The 360-degree swivel chair also has durable construction thanks to an integrated metal frame, international standard explosion-proof gas spring, and high-quality metal base.
The smooth-rolling casters make moving around your desk super smooth and easy. It’s also covered in PU leather material. Other extras are the thick-padded armrest and retractable footrest which definitely allows you to comfortably rest on this chair.
The only con is that the chair doesn’t rock, although it can be locked in various positions.
The company a one-year warranty on the parts and the installation video can be found on YouTube.
Nokaxus gaming chair with large backrest and ergonomic construction is the second on our list. A good thing about this particular chair is the fancy tweaks that allow more parts to be adjusted and more functional.
Nokaxus likes to go with vibrant color on this design with high-quality PU leather. Its backrest is considerably large with 23.2 inches width and 36.2 inches of height. Below that is very well-padded seat cushion on adjustable SGS-certified Class-3 gas lift spring which allows you go anywhere between 19.3 inches low to 22.4 inches high. The ergonomic handrails are also adjustable, allowing you to put them at the most comfortable level of your height.
The chair comes with adjustable headrest. Below the headrest is the adjustable and massaging lumbar support which will definitely help relieve a lot of pressure after spending a whole day on your chair. In addition to that, your chair has a lot of adjustments you can make from height to its tilting position. The chair can be locked in position between 90 degrees to as far low as 180 degrees for that full relaxation position.
It has a weight capacity of 360 lbs which is thanks to its certified heavy-duty pressure bar and full steel frame structure. It is a 360-degree swivel chair with cool running wheels and has a retractable footstool.
The con would be that it has really bad instruction manuals and you seriously need to watch the YouTube tutorial to assemble this.
It has a one-year warranty for exchange or full refund and 24-month guarantee for parts.
Ficmax ergonomic chair massage is another great choice. First of all, the chair is covered in high-quality PU leather with dirt & fade resistant. It has a large backrest with 34.2 inches height and 20.8 inches width. It also has a 4.8 inches thick cushion for that extra comfort and adjustable seat height. The high-density foam will provide comfort that lasts long.
The chair is also equipped with full tilt mechanism down to 180 degrees and allows you rock on the chair. This with the retractable footrest will give you the best position for resting after you’re tired with working. The armrest is also 2D adjustable in height to give you the best comfort when using the chair. It comes with both the adjustable headrest and USB-powered massage lumbar support.
It is equipped with a Class-4 hydraulic piston that operates your gas lift, giving it the weight capacity of 300 lbs. The whole structure of the chair is made of metal framing and the base is made of heavy-duty material. The 360-degree swivel nylon caster will get you rolling around your room smoothly.
It has 30-day free return or money back policy and 12-month free replacement warranty. But here comes the con: the support team is quite hard to get in contact with. But the product itself is actually excellent.
This Killabee’s big and tall massaging gaming chair is an upgrade of a previous version with a few adjustments to give the most optimal comfort to users. First off is the wide backrest that is 22.4 inches wide and 32.7 inches tall. It also features an adjustable headrest and adjustable USB-powered massaging lumbar support.
The thick seat cushion has memory foam which will definitely give you that extra comfort. The seat also has a tilting function from 90 degrees to 155 degrees. Along with this is the ability to rock on the chair and even adjust the level of rocking. Easy to clean premium PU leather with fade-resistant gives your chair an awesome style. It also has thick padding on the adjustable armrest for your tired arms. The chair also has retractable footrest.
The chair’s structure contains an integrated metal frame with international standard gas lift spring and all these placed on top of the heavy-duty metal base. This sturdy construction gives the chair weight capacity of up to 350 lbs. The chair runs on smooth-rolling castors of 360-degree swivel wheels.
We can’t actually point out a particular con on this product, except for the odd chances to stumble upon a faulty one. It may also not appear to be great for real ‘big and tall’ users, but still decent enough for tall people on average.
The product comes with a one-year warranty on all parts.
The Cyrola gaming chair has a large back design on its adjustable chair. The chair can be locked and tilted from 90 degrees to as low as 180 degrees. You can also choose how hard you want to rock on the chair by tightening the screw. The armrest can be adjusted for 3.2 inches high as well as downturn left and right in 15 angles. Comes with an adjustable headrest as well as massage lumbar support.
The seat is made of high-density foam of 40kg/m3 covered with another layer of high standard memory foam for comfort that lasts long. The chair is covered in high-quality PU leather of 0.8 mm thickness. The base is made in five-star form and of heavy-duty plastic material. The metal frame gives the chair a strong structure. The chair can be adjusted in height from between 17.7 inches to 21.2 inches high.
The chair is equipped with retractable footrest as well as 360-degree swivel casters of plastic wheels that roll smoothly even on carpet. The chair’s weight capacity is 350 lbs.
The only con would be that while their customer service responds, they are not the best to deal with.
The chair also comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee and 12-month chair parts warranty.
Remaxe have similarly amazing features and quality as the other ergonomic gaming chairs we have here. The chair has ergonomic construction with the large backrest of 20.8-inch wide and 34.2-inch tall. It comes with a headrest and adjustable massage lumbar cushion. The chair also has a pair of padded adjustable armrests and thickened seat cushion.
High-quality PU leather covers the seat down to the retractable footrest and is very easy to clean. The chair has knee tilt capability and can be locked in place from 90 degrees to as far low as 180 degrees. You can also rock on the chair. The construction of the chair is also meant for long-term use with explosion-proof international standard gas spring. The chair is set upon heavy-duty base with smooth-rolling casters.
The chair’s maximum capacity is 300 lbs and it runs on 360-degree swivel mode. The seat’s height is adjustable between 18.8 inches high to 22 inches high.
Remaxe offers a 30-day free replacement or money-back guarantee, lifetime warranty on frame and 12-month warranty for parts.
Last but not least is the Merax Racing Chair build with quality materials and ergonomic shape for utmost comfort. The chair’s backrest has natural ergonomic build with adjustable headrest and lumbar support. The chair has soft upholstered wear-resistant PU leather with bold racing stripe design. The cushion seat is noticeably padded thickly along with the adjustable armrests.
The seat has tilting function which can also be locked in position from 90 degrees to as far down as 180 degrees. It’s also an adjustable chair with 3.8 inches height adjustment. It’s held up with a reliable structure which consists built-in heavy-duty gas lift and strong base. The chair rolls on smooth 360-degree swivel castors which reduce scratches and marks on your floor. The weight capacity of the chair is 250 lbs.
The con would be that the chair lacks fancy features like retractable footrest or massaging lumbar support. However, the chair was designed to be sturdier than most instead of equipping it with fancy features. It has also received praises for tall users especially those who are 6’ above.
The chair has a 2-year warranty.
Tips to Choose a Good Gaming Chair Under 200
At $200, it’s pretty common to see manufacturers adding in fancy features to the chair to increase users’ experience. But some companies seem to have added these things at the expense of the actual product’s quality. Go through our tips so you get the best gaming chair at your budget but without getting distracted by fancy features and promises.
- Safety first. You want a chair that can really hold you up, so always makes sure that you weigh within the weight capacity of a chair. It’s also always safer to remain ~50 lbs under the stated weight capacity so you don’t wear the chair down too soon.
- Certificates ensure the highest standard of constructions. Some gas lift chairs feature SGS certification which shows the capacity and strength of the pneumatic spring. All chairs look good for the first few weeks, but good ones will remain sturdy and won’t slide down even after years of usage.
- Ergonomic does not always mean comfort. The point of ergonomic design is to let your body be positioned at a healthy posture. But this can often mean you won’t feel as comfortable as if you lounge on your sofa. Anyone who has been in an actual racing chair can testify to how uncomfortable but important it is for a chair to be ergonomic.
- Tilting function. Depending on your usage, some people reserve the chair for working purposes while others may actually spend their nap time on it as well. If you want to be able to nap, we suggest you get a chair that tilts and lock at least at under 160 degrees.
- Armrests? People have different physical features and sitting habits. Some of you will actually love it if your armrests can just get out of the way. Some will definitely like it better if the armrests can go up and down as needed.
- Your purpose! If you haven’t gone through our review, we are strictly reviewing PC gaming chairs. You might be looking for a gaming chair for your gaming platform that is not on PC. Be sure to find something that fits your needs. Chairs can come with interesting features such as massaging lumbar support, retractable footrests, etc, but never forget your main purpose, which is a durable ergonomic gaming chair.
- Not sure what you’re assembling? Some chairs come with really bad instructions and manuals, so we highly suggest that you refer to YouTube tutorials on how to assemble those chairs. Also, check the description if they come with all the tools or if you need to prepare the tools yourself.
Tips For Staying Healthy With Your Budget
The gaming chair will certainly help you with keeping a healthy sitting posture, but it won’t solve all related problems to your sedimentary lifestyle.
- Stand up every 20-30 minutes and stretch for 30 seconds before you continue to sit. Make trips to drink water or grab some snacks so you actually move every hour.
- Go out when you find the chance.
- Pay strict attention to diet especially if you are very likely to spend a lot of time sitting down on your working desk.
- Regularly clean your working area because a clean work space helps you concentrate better and of course, for hygienic reasons. We reviewed several gaming chairs that come with easy to clean PU leather.
- Hear cracking or unusual sound from your chair? We suggest you check your chair to find if any part of it has cracked or broken. This is better than falling from your chair when putting too much pressure on its cracking base.
It’s important to understand the significance of an ergonomic working or gaming chair if you spend hours sitting down. A good chair can alleviate the exhaustion and even pain that non-ergonomic chairs can pose. While they are not meant to be super comfortable, they can help you retain a healthy posture and work & game better.
At under $200, you have much more choices of chairs that feature really good lumbar supports and retractable footrests. The chairs are also made of better materials and have thicker cushions which makes the chair lasts long even at a high frequency of usage. Some feature certificates such as the Nokaxus, which prove the gas lift spring capabilities.
While all the chairs may seem good, if you are undecided, head to our tips section to figure out which chair is best for your needs.
We hope you can find the right gaming chair and have some great gaming and working experiences with them.